Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Uploading Profile Picture

9 replies to this topic

#1 Ed Gallop

Ed Gallop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

I don't like my profile picture but can't change it. Every time I select and try to upload another picture it goes back to the one already there. Glitch, or what am I doing wrong?

Moose Pass, Alaska (pictured with moose in Trail lake) was one of my favorite places on earth, especially in the 70s and 80s before it became a tourist attraction. I discovered the true meaning of a breathless view and fishing ecstasy that I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China. 

#2 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Are you deleting your old photo first?

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

rumor has it that if you depress the F5 key at the top of your keyboard its supposed to refresh your avatar photo

you may have to do this multiple times

We do it all the time! Get over it!

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

do the refresh after you change out your old photo for the new one

it may not work the first time but it does work

#5 Ed Gallop

Ed Gallop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm deleting the old photo and saving changes. Then I try to upload another photo, from my computer as well as on the web and the old picture shows up every time. I have tried everything I can think of. The F5 key does refresh. I did it at least a dozen times in vain but I'll keep doing it.

Moose Pass, Alaska (pictured with moose in Trail lake) was one of my favorite places on earth, especially in the 70s and 80s before it became a tourist attraction. I discovered the true meaning of a breathless view and fishing ecstasy that I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China. 

#6 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

maybe you can try logging off the forum and the log back on. might work

this forum has never been the easiest when it comes to changing avatars

#7 Ed Gallop

Ed Gallop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

I did log out and shut down my computer. I couldn't change the picture for the last 3 days. I like challenges but this? I think I tried everything.

#8 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

well you did change your old avatar to the silhouette one. half way there :)

#9 Ed Gallop

Ed Gallop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

Apparently it just takes time. Remove the picture and wait a day before trying to upload another. At least I think that is what happened. Thanks for your help guys.

#10 RCFetter

RCFetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Apparently it just takes time. Remove the picture and wait a day before trying to upload another. At least I think that is what happened. Thanks for your help guys.

I've been wondering about that too.   I'll delete my avatar for a few days and then try to upload the new one.

Reply to this topic