Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

test

5 replies to this topic

#1 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

DSC01055_zps0nz3aybz.jpg

#2 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Vicrider

Nice flies (I went to the link).  What is that gizmo you're using to hold the flies for photographing?  Most people use those plastic electronics clips from Radio Shack.

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#3 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,917 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

What are you testing, Vic?

The (Game Changer?) looks great ... if you're testing your ability to tie one.

The picture is clear and shows sufficient detail, if you're testing that.

If you're testing your ability to write a good caption ... It's a fail, since I can't read anything in print.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

Sorry if I never responded to this. It was just a test for a picture posting. Couple of ways to do it and wanted to see how it worked. 

FLaFly, if you get back to this thread that's a hackle pliers that work better than any I've ever seen short of vise grips. I'd have to look up where I got it but it has a strong center pin with groove to lock hackle or anything else in solid. The wire tester models don't have near the grip of these and I have a couple. Can grab any fly and position it and lock bottom in vise grips and raise up to camera height.

Mike, that's a fly from the bass monthly as you know now. Not one of mine but just one I grabbed for the pic test.

#5 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

Thanx Nick

The object has STONFLO etched into it.  I googled STONFLO and found that they make fly tying tools, but couldn't find anything on their site that looked like that.  Admittedly their site is very cluttered and not user friendly.  I'll go back and see if I can find it.

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#6 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

I googled STONFLO Hackle Pliers.... got several hits and a Youtube showing it in use.   One site had it for $8.39 USD

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

Reply to this topic