Fly Tying
josephcsylvia

Saint Martin B+W Landscape

Sooo, did the two ocean/seas wash all the color out of the mountains?

Sorry, it looks like it would be a very pretty color photo. I just can't get into B&W photographs.

I like B&W Joe, and I like your pic. That makes the Florida vote 50:50.

Sooo, did the two ocean/seas wash all the color out of the mountains?

Sorry, it looks like it would be a very pretty color photo. I just can't get into B&W photographs.

it was actually just a mass amount of green no color other than green and water with the haze in the background to me this one needed to be converted, plus 75% of what I shoot is b+w!

It was quite beautiful and had I had more time I would have set up a shot with filters to really saturate the sky and water, but the cars were flying behind me about two feet away, there is not one stop light on the whole island and everyone honks and passes add that to being two feet from the edge of the mountain and its hard to focus lol

Joe

I hate to have to say I agree with Mike, but that's gorgeous!

Joe

I hate to have to say I agree with Mike, but that's gorgeous!

I agree it is definitely a beautiful place, Ive never been a fan of color, even though I make it a point to shoot in color and convert my files Later as most people do love color.

If you have MS Office Picture Viewer or some such photo editing tool, you might play around with the B&W version by increasing the brightness and contrast a bit. Having seen them both, I get a better grasp of the scale of the hillsides in the color. And it reminds me of when you take a Caribbean cruise and wake up in the morning to the view of your new port of call.

Oh, now THAT'S a beautiful shot. Thank you!

Nothing wrong with a lot of green and blue. It's what our eyes have evolved to appreciate. It means "eat and drink" to the primitive parts of our minds.

I agree that there are shots ... faces, etc. ... that look good in B&W. But those are fairly monochromatic anyway ... color just "gets in the way".

For landscapes, nature shots and the like ... I need to see color.

I prefer the shot in B&W (though I may have processed it a bit differently)...either way, thanks for sharing! Beautiful place.

I prefer the shot in B&W (though I may have processed it a bit differently)...either way, thanks for sharing! Beautiful place.

This is not my original cold, I had to down size it alot for this website to view it well this is the shot just switched to monochromatic. The one I edited has a lot more contrast and deeper blacks, I applied a graduated nd filter to the sky to bring out the clouds, the leading lines and shapes screamed b+w, the fully edited version did not look right attached here, maybe I need to use a photo hosting site and post it right in the post.

I saw in one of the posts you do some photography yourself, how deep are you? My editing is done in Photoshop raw and silver effects when there actually edited lol thanks for the reply.

Here is a Landscape shot I took in Saint Martin recently, Very high atop a mountain. This chain of mountains separates two ocean/seas.

attachicon.gifst martin landscape 2 web.jpgattachicon.gifst martin landscape 2 web.jpg

That´s a really great shot :-) :-)

Terje

Thank you Terje, you have some amazing work yourself. What set up do you shoot with?