mikechell

Braided tube fly ... my version

Braided tube fly 1.JPG

Braided tube fly 2.JPG

Braided tube fly 3.JPG

Braided tube fly 4.JPG

Braided tube fly 5.JPG

Braided tube fly 6.JPG

Very easy to tie ... maybe 3 to 5 minutes each until you get the hang of it, then just a couple minutes each.

Braided tube fly 7.jpg

Very nice Mike, Small ones like that will work for a lot of pan fish, crappie, and at this time of year Shad in the St Johns.

I do a small version with a bead head for Shad,

post-12074-0-80018200-1547433840_thumb.jpg

and a Bigger one for Bass, and Saltwater fishing. I used a lot of foam on this one, and it almost floats, but it stays just under the surface.

post-12074-0-75624000-1547433811_thumb.jpg

Thank you.

I bought that tubing and was wondering how I was going to tie it. I tried a couple of different ways, but it's very stiff and didn't cooperate.

Finally tried to "hollow tie" the tubing, and it turned out just as I'd hoped. I'm looking forward to trying it out in the near future. Of course, I'm not IN Florida when the shad run, again. Hopefully, some big Copper Noses and Crappie will take a liking to them.

I like the finished product, not sure I have the patience to do them though. Braid and I have never worked together well.

Thanks, tjm. I tied up six ... the seventh was for the SBS. If I lose them all before I catch a fish on one, then I'll know they just appeal to ... fish ... ermen!

I was afraid it would unravel too easily, and make it particularly hard to do what I wanted. But it worked out well.

I like your sbs model or macro or what ever you want to call it. The fly looks good for panfish, maybe steelhead too I'm thinking. The only time I have specifically used braid is on a fly called SilverSides which is a good fly for sea run trout and for white perch, white perch love that fly in a particular place I fish at actually. I'm not a big braid fan actually, I still have my original batch that came in a little baggie from Universal Vice 30 years ago..

Thank you, Dave.

Simple fly, simple presentation. I just need to find a way to take clearer pictures.

How long are you going to be gone. February is the best month, but you can still find Shad in March.

I'll be home for one week in February. Then out another 3 weeks in March. Nature of the beast with my job ... all the training I do is during the Winter, when work is slow for the techs and they can attend classes.

And, of course, my company sends me North to teach those classes. Just makes me enjoy life in Florida so much more when I get home!

And thank you Rick and fshng2.

Is it braid that you have removed a core from or is it mylar type tubing?? I like the glint the tubing gives.