Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Faster Fish

Wing burner

Since I am a big fan of making tools, www.sculpturetool.com I want to make the brass wing burners that I ahve seen posted here before. I was hoping that someone could trace some of thier burners so that I can make thme from the brass. The more outlines that I can get the better. Ultimately, I would like to make them into a pdf format and upload them to make them available to everyone. If you could post the width of the brass sheet that you used would also be helpful. This is a sample from Ronn Lucas's post on wing burners. This is what I am looking to make.

Thanks

Randy

Randy...I have the original insert that used to come with Renzetti burners...it's got exact templates as well as what size they're for; mayfly, jungle cock, stonefly and caddis. If you want to pm me a mailing address I'll send you a copy.

Hot Tuna

When I get them from tuna, I am going to trace them and put them into a PDF format. I am then going to past them so everyone can download them.

Randy

Randy,

Thanks for the PDF. Did you order shim stock in half inch strips ?

I could only find the Brass .025 thickness in a 6" x 25" sheet. I can cut a half inch strip (old sheet metal worker) but a sheared strip has less curl.

Conehead

If you go to McMaster.com They sell shims 1/2 shims in the correct thickness. They have good shipping and excellent service. I order a lot of stuff for my tool making from them.

Randy

Sign in to follow this