Fly Tying
missin44

Senyo's Laser Dub & Fly Tyers Dungeon?

I aked him once on an email. He replied that they would be coming out with Arctic Wind shortly.

It already came out, it's not quite like laser dub, but could work better/worse depending on what your trying to do with it. Not as fine if fibers, more of a sheen, better for larger flies in my opinion.

Make your own. Seriously, it's really easy.

35007160173_2087c97506_z.jpg

McFly's video pretty accurate?

I think so... I mean there aren't any camera tricks or anything. Lol.

Here is a video of a fly I tied with the home made stuff. I used both laser dub and the home made stuff so you can compare.

Here is a video of a fly I tied with the home made stuff. I used both laser dub and the home made stuff so you can compare.

I've seen a number of your vids, nice work. As for me I'm planning on using this stuff for heads on big Galloup/Schmidt streamers that call for wool or Laser dub. Thanks again!

I've seen a number of your vids, nice work. As for me I'm planning on using this stuff for heads on big Galloup/Schmidt streamers that call for wool or Laser dub. Thanks again!

Well I have a video on me using the arctic wind on a large pike fly, it is not bad for heads, but it doesn't fluff up the same as laser dub or wool, so you end up putting lots of materials on to get the right sized head. The homemade laser dub will be better for that application, plus you can cut the strands longer, and get some super long dubbing! Great for heads. Good luck! Let me know how it goes, and whatever material You end up using, send me pics!

McFly's video is where I got the idea, so full credit to him. I've started using it for a few colors that I use the most, like white olive and gray/silver. At $4 for a big roll of olive yarn, I can tie a ton of these bluegill flies.

Great video. Looks like I need to acquire a couple of dog brushes and give it a try when my current supply of Laser Dub runs out. One thing I've been doing with the laser dub I have is to take it out of the pack and pull it apart like you were doing with the homemade stuff. What it does is leave me with a nice straight bunch of dubbing, much easier to tie in than the original stuff. Also I can use it to blend different colors, not that different from flash blending. From the video and the pictures of flies I've seen on other sites, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one that uses Laser Dub for the entire fly rather than just the head.

Great video. Looks like I need to acquire a couple of dog brushes and give it a try when my current supply of Laser Dub runs out. One thing I've been doing with the laser dub I have is to take it out of the pack and pull it apart like you were doing with the homemade stuff. What it does is leave me with a nice straight bunch of dubbing, much easier to tie in than the original stuff. Also I can use it to blend different colors, not that different from flash blending. From the video and the pictures of flies I've seen on other sites, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one that uses Laser Dub for the entire fly rather than just the head.

Laser dub can definitely be used for the entire fly. I have some flies I tie with lots of different materials, however I'm a huge fan of simple. One material if tied creatively can make effective flies that are quick to tie. Quick is a good thing when using them to fish. One thing I hate is tying a super complicated fly that takes a half hour to tie, then loosing it to a tree because of a bad cast. Haha

Laser dub can definitely be used for the entire fly. I have some flies I tie with lots of different materials, however I'm a huge fan of simple. One material if tied creatively can make effective flies that are quick to tie. Quick is a good thing when using them to fish. One thing I hate is tying a super complicated fly that takes a half hour to tie, then loosing it to a tree because of a bad cast. Haha

You make bad casts?!