Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chase Creek

dubbing storage

I keep some of my most used dubbing types and colors in those clear plastic coin holders, the quarter size. They have a screw-on cap. I keep them lined up on the shelf above my tying surface where they're easy to grab. I also keep beads and small items in them. They are clear, so you don't have to open each one looking for whatever you're looking for. When I run low, I just pack some more in from my main stash.

Try coin collecters wallets, the type they use to put into ring binders, they store flat(ish) give good visual access and can be written on with permanent markers. The ones I use hold 20 coins per wallet, another similar one are 35mm slide wallets, similar thing just a different source.

Try coin collecters wallets, the type they use to put into ring binders, they store flat(ish) give good visual access and can be written on with permanent markers. The ones I use hold 20 coins per wallet, another similar one are 35mm slide wallets, similar thing just a different source.

.......and unlike the Flyrite polypropylene dubbing portfolio, if they're reasonably good archival quality sheets,

the sides of the pockets don't split when you try to extract something.

Cheers,

.D.

Sign in to follow this