Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GG34

Shoal bass patterns

Never fished for them, and don't really know of any patterns specifically for targeting Shoal bass. However, it's likely any of the popular streamer patterns today should work, whether they're intended for bass or not shouldn't matter. You can start by tying those that may generally imitate the forage where you fish.

I've never found bass of any kind to be overly picky about what they'll grab if you get it in front of them! wink.png

You are right. Just looking for something unique. I just read that the stealth bomber pattern was designed for them.

Wooley Bugger. Or a Clouser. I've fished for them with some success. Never fished a specific fly; they seem to like bass flies. Or a topwater popper when it's appropriate, but I can't remember using them in fast water.

GG34, why don't you try something like an Intruder, which is a Steelhead pattern. Tie it with a single hook, inverted like a Clouser, instead of the trailing stinger. I've used them for stream SM bass, and they've worked very well. IMO, they may imitate a leech, sculpins, madtoms, crawfish, or a number of other things that bass will eat. Would be unique too. I doubt anyone else is tossing them for those shoal bass. smile.png