Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MuskyFlyGuy

This week at Eagle Lake, Ontario

I took my son for four days of fishing on Eagle. We only fish together once a year and that is the only time he fishes. With his new baby, this was the first time in three years. It is a great father/son time. He caught the big fish of the trip while Lindy rigging for walleyes. It was a 41" Northern and he was using a spinning rod made by Steve. Thanks again to Steve! We caught lots of walleyes and the next day we caught 20 Lake Trout. We cast for Muskies with gear for a day and saw nothing. The last day, I got to throw my 10 weight for 8 hours. We had so many follows, I am reluctant to say the number. On virtually my last cast of the day, I caught a small muskie on a streamer I tied on a 5/0 hook. Another trip with great memories. In a few years the grandson will join us. We sent him pictures of the fish and he said, "Daddy catches big fish and Grandpa catches little ones."

post-35105-0-58788700-1566684951_thumb.jpg

Nice trip! And it seems they will only get better in the future by throwing a grandchild into the mix.