Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich mc

illinois fly show

Guest rich mc

the only Illinois fly show will be this Sunday the 12th the early show is run by ISA and DRIFT and is in its 8th year 10am to 5pmat the Peabody estate grounds in Oakbrook near rt 83 and 31street pat cohen is our big name draw . guides, casting , fly shops, and over 20 fly tyers tying all day to sit and watch more info should be on illinoissmallmouthalliance .com. i will present on fly fishing shabbona lake at noon and will introduce 4 new flies . rich mc

I won't be there until next February. Can you get them to postpone it until then?

Hey ... a lady wanted to know if they could reschedule the Solar Eclipse for the weekend ... I can ask for this !!!

was a nice show.

rich,

you did a heck of a presentation, your intimate knowledge of shab is VERY impressive!!!!!

it was great to meet up with ya.

I need to hit shab one of these days, when I get the chance to head out there I will message you.

maybe I will try the hard water this winter but I will definitely try to hit in the spring for sure.

(think pink)

:)

big thank you for all the info.

peace,

xterrabill

Guest rich mc

met two famous people there pat cohen and extrrabill. was a very nice,well run show. bill ill let you know when we do a tying session with isa at dupage fly rich

I sat with pat c for about a half hour, very cool guy, he was sayin he used to hang around ftf years ago.

picked up some scissors from him at a little discount, wanted to get the big stacker too but ran outta cash.

man I never seen hair packed so tight, that dude has serious skills!!

I met some cool folks from isa, drift, and chi-tie just to name a few, also I went outside looking for some casting pointers

(I never had a lesson, I am self and book taught) someone outside there handed me a rod to try

...holy sheep dip!!! I never casted such a tight accurate loop in my life... on the 2nd cast!

I knew I didn't want to look at what rod it was...but I did....crap!!!

it was a helios 3d .....yikes!!! WAY OUTTA MY BUDGET!

100 bucks maybe....800. yesh.....that's just nutz.

but it was casting in some dream LOL

yeah man, sure, I would love to hook up some time at a tie, but usually my weeknights are busy.