Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Sage 00 weight

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Slate_Drake_9

Slate_Drake_9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:47 PM

Has anyone got their hands on the new Sage 00 weight yet? I am having a difficult time finding a store that has heard about it, let alone has one for me to cast. :help: :wallbash:

Fishing with bait is like swearing in church.
Slate Drake

#2 Qwek

Qwek

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:31 AM

Has anyone got their hands on the new Sage 00 weight yet? I am having a difficult time finding a store that has heard about it, let alone has one for me to cast. help.gif wallbash.gif

Hi Slate_Drake_9,

Just collected my 00 yesterday together with the Quiet Double taper line here in Singapore. It a beauty to cast, a bit like the SLT 0wt. Will let you know how it fish tomorrow. Notice that the ULA reel sit rather high up on the handle, other than that it a beauty, hey, I said that twice.

Cheers
Qwek

#3 Qwek

Qwek

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:22 PM

Hi Slate_Drake_9,

Here's a picture of a peacockbass taken on a softhackle with the Sage 00wt. It has a soft feel like the SLt, guess I had been using the SLT for too long and had gone soft.

Cheers
Qwek

user posted image

#4 DFix

DFix

New and improved, guaranteed to handle 3.4 gigs of translation per minute!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:03 AM

Interesting they can be found in Malaysia but it takes a monumental effort to find them here in the States.

Madison River Fishing Company is listing the Sage TXL Ultra High-Performance Trout Rods in their '04 Fall Clearance and Christmas Catalog.

TXL00710-3; $505.00 USD

#5 Slate_Drake_9

Slate_Drake_9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Qwek @ Nov 1 2004, 09:21 PM)
Hi Slate_Drake_9,

Here's a picture of a peacockbass taken on a softhackle with the Sage 00wt. It has a soft feel like the SLt, guess I had been using the SLT for too long and had gone soft.

Cheers
Qwek

Hey thanks for the reply. I still have not been able to get my hands on one here in Pennsylvania to try out. I can't wait though...at this rate it will be after the spring thaw before I do.

Fishing with bait is like swearing in church.
Slate Drake

#6 skeet3t

skeet3t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:05 PM

A double 0 weight would be great for fishing the backcountry streams in Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mtn N. P. I can imagine catching brook trout on it now. BTW, DFix, peacock bass have been stocked in the canals in extreme south Florida. Farther north, they are subject to stress from the cooler weather.
smile.gif

John Torchick

So much water, so little time!
Enjoying the Creation, Praising the Creator!