Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Action Optics prescription lenses

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 slenon

slenon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:49 AM

Simply put, the best sunglasses I've ever worn.

When I realized that I could no longer keep wearing my contacts, I ordered prescription sunglasses from Action Optics. I ordered the lochsa frames with clearwater copper photochromic lenses. The entire process was accomplished by phone, was quite painless, and efficient.

They are very professional, easy to work with, and the glasses are everything they are advertised to be.

They are also tremendous driving glasses.

Nothing beats good vision, but these make poor vision less burdensome.

Cu Zev

drown flies to darkstar

#2 steeladdict

steeladdict

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:06 AM

I had a great experience with purchasing Action Optics prescription glasses too. I can't believe the things that you can see in the water. I would recommend them to anyone!

#3 Sippy

Sippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:30 AM

Glad to hear such a great review. I have been considering these as of late and I'm definitely edging towards ordering some after reading this.
You can spend a fortune on premium feathers and it doesn't mean you'll tie a perfect fly. It just means you have the materials from a good looking chicken.

#4 JP66

JP66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:07 AM

I used the prescription glasses & they worked really well. I had lasik surgery awhile back and bought the regular Action Optics glasses. They work just as good as the prescription ones.
I have a few pairs.
JP

#5 Chuch e

Chuch e

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

You can add me to the list fore the Action Optick's prescription glasses.I have used them fore 5 years now and will surely get the same again when i have to change .
Chuck

#6 Lance Kekel

Lance Kekel

Adored by fish feared by women!...no wait a minute, fish adore..I mean, women..feared.......oh forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone used them in bifocals? dry.gif Iloved the ones I've had but my eyes have finally dropped enough that I can only tie 10's or larger on without glasses and even then only under the best lighting. Fitovers are 'ok' but it sure would be nice to only wear 1 pair of glasses to fish again.
Lance Kekel

Get me on the water!!

#7 Chuch e

Chuch e

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:28 PM

Fishinlimk' My Action Optick's Are bifocals and they work fore me. Only need 1 pair of glasses. Now if only they had them in trifocals i would get a pair of them. Chuck

#8 slenon

slenon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (fishinlk @ Dec 22 2004, 05:33 PM)
Has anyone used them in bifocals? dry.gif Iloved the ones I've had but my eyes have finally dropped enough that I can only tie 10's or larger on without glasses and even then only under the best lighting. Fitovers are 'ok' but it sure would be nice to only wear 1 pair of glasses to fish again.

mine are bifocals. I really am glad I bought them. They seem to be every thing the ads promise and more.

I've worn Vuarnet, Galibier, Costa Del Mar, Maui Jim, and Ocean Waves over the years. The AO's outclass them all.

Cu Zev

drown flies to darkstar

#9 Lance Kekel

Lance Kekel

Adored by fish feared by women!...no wait a minute, fish adore..I mean, women..feared.......oh forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:21 PM

Thanks!!!! it looks like I know what I'm asking Angi for come next christmas. biggrin.gif
Lance Kekel

Get me on the water!!