Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

From my crafty Wife

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 artimus

artimus

What? a fly swap?..... I'M IN!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:23 PM

My wife is into card making and all that other crafty crap, so I get hauled into all those craft stores... devil.gif The one thing that I've had my eye on is one of those 'Crop Caddies'. Great looking piece of gear, until you look at the price tag. They are running anywhere from $99-149 CAN!!! bugeyes.gif

She was in Giant Tiger today and spied one in a demin fabric for $30 (Ilove it when she says, "I got you something today"). All the bells and whistles of the $$$ ones without the heavy price tag. Zipper pockets for tools and such, a huge main compartment, and inserts. It even has the deluxe features like wheels and a pull handle.

I figure when I go to a friends place or a tyers meeting, I'll be able to grab everything and them some for a tying session.

Once I add my personal touches (embroidered patches and remodel the interior), I have the cats ass in portable tying storage.

Art
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
----- Unknown -----

#2 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:15 PM

Where do you live. I was in a Gaint Tiger store Last summer (Ontario). Bought a Camo, chair/cooler for $12.00. I liked the price of smokes too. There was everything under the sun in that place.
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#3 bentflyrod

bentflyrod

"BEST FREAKIN' RELATOR"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:36 PM

Must be a canadian store, because I have never heard of Giant Tiger!

BFR

IT'S SANTA SWAP SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

Gaint Tiger is a differnt store. I only know of one. Everything you can imagine is sold there at real good prices. Like a dollar store,(simmilar).

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#5 artimus

artimus

What? a fly swap?..... I'M IN!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:21 PM

daryn,

It was the Giant Tiger in London, ON. I got one and my MIL bought the last 3 I believe. She can NEVER just buy a small amout of stuff. Why buy a metre of fabric when you can buy the whole bolt? dunno.gif laugh.gif

Art
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
----- Unknown -----

#6 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:32 PM

Man, that's a cool store name, I wish us americans were that creative. All we have is wal mart, k mart, and "The dollar store". I guess I should start the trend down here, open up a chain called the "Huge Trout", all of us would go there rolleyes.gif eh?

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

#7 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Jingles @ Feb 22 2005, 10:32 PM)
Man, that's a cool store name, I wish us americans were that creative. All we have is wal mart, k mart, and "The dollar store". I guess I should start the trend down here, open up a chain called the "Huge Trout", all of us would go there rolleyes.gif eh?

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

All but a few warm water guys laugh.gif