Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Skins

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:33 AM

I don't think this company competes with any sponsors here and would provide a great service to the tyers so I want to give them a shameless plug.

http://www.flytyingfurs.com/

Shoe located the site on the net who offers all types of skins, masks and a few dubbings. I contacted them for some woodchucks and they had them in the mail the next day. I called to confirm the order and was told that if we needed any more woodchucks we should give them a call because he has 400 in stock. The prices were right and the service great. Give them a look as they seem to have the rare, hard to find items in stock.
Fly fishing is like sex. The first time is never like you thought it would be, but you never forget it. You get better with experience. You think about it alot. You do it when ever you can until you die. You always have fun no matter what.
....JStarbrite....

#2 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:14 PM

I have bought alot of stuff from them in the past, and love their service. I buy alot of stuff from them that I don't mind dyeing myself bucktail, squirrel tail..etc.

test

#3 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Dornug @ Mar 6 2005, 11:33 AM)
I contacted them for some woodchucks and they had them in the mail the next day. I called to confirm the order and was told that if we needed any more woodchucks we should give them a call because he has 400 in stock.

Let's see

400 x 3 dozen = enough sculpins for everyone laugh.gif

Now to find a deadly pattern for that opossum. tongue.gif We could call it the Marsupial. It just lays there and plays dead dry.gif
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#4 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

I just noticed down on the bottom of that page that they have some dubbings too, including your marsupial. Looks like another order coming shortly.
Fly fishing is like sex. The first time is never like you thought it would be, but you never forget it. You get better with experience. You think about it alot. You do it when ever you can until you die. You always have fun no matter what.
....JStarbrite....

#5 picketpin

picketpin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:06 AM

Tanks for the web site Dornug great looking skins & feathres hope they ship to canada

Mike
Who says money cant buy happiness (see my new fly rod and reel)

#6 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:09 AM

Mike, I don't think he does. I thought I saw something about No International orders.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#7 picketpin

picketpin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:16 AM

SHOE

Thanks for the info. Does he have a phone # i didnt notice one on his site

Mike

#8 picketpin

picketpin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:30 AM

I checked his site again and found his land line number I call and check

Mike

#9 Fatman

Fatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:47 AM

I've bought from them before excellent skins, another one you can also try is

Moscow Hide and Fur

They also have bird skins and feathers. Great folks to deal with.

Fatman
Just Fishing! All life is that to some extent. If we are not fishing for one thing it is another. But angling! That's just a bit different. In it we find peace and contentment and much with which to occupy our minds. May the balance of our fishing days be blessed with congenial comrades and "tight lines." Ray Bergman

#10 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Fatman @ Mar 7 2005, 10:47 AM)
Moscow Hide and Fur

The Link is bad.

Anyways, skins are here. Nice 3 day turn around on the order.

user posted image
....JStarbrite....

#11 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:13 PM

BTW, he threw in a slightly damaged rabbit and a grey squirrel (minus tail) for good measure. Anyone need them.
....JStarbrite....

#12 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

Those look great.

Better keep those extras, we'll grind them up for dubbing. wink.gif

#13 Fatman

Fatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:29 PM

Dornug,

Tried the link right from your quote and it worked. Try this:

www.moscowhideandfur.com

Fatman
Just Fishing! All life is that to some extent. If we are not fishing for one thing it is another. But angling! That's just a bit different. In it we find peace and contentment and much with which to occupy our minds. May the balance of our fishing days be blessed with congenial comrades and "tight lines." Ray Bergman