Fly Tying
retrocarp

Posted two new patterns to data base and no show

How long does it normally take as I'm sure it hasn't taken this long before .

maybe these new moderators can get something done about it

Just to quell any hopes of improvements from us. FRn and myself are "monitors" ... not "moderators". We do not have any administrative abilities. We are just helping Steve, the only moderator, to keep an eye on the threads.

We can't change anything, and Steve can only change a few things.

As I understand it, Will is the only one who can actually get in and update the site, and so far, he's shown little interest in doing so.

flytire, just to second Mike, with my current level of IT ability, and equal lack of influence with the powers-that-be, monkeys will fly out your azz before I can effectuate any improvement to this system.

It is a shame that the maintenance doesn't match the original design concept. It is still the best forum of its' kind on the net.

I for one, would gladly pay a voluntary Sustaining Membership fee, like $10 a month, if everything worked properly.

My big fear is that one day this site will just just go DARK never to return, and all of this Free library stuff will be lost to the eons.

Then I would have to Get a Life....

Well i'm not gonna pay $10 a month for a place that dosen't have a like button & threads full of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes! Sometimes i think i should be getting payed $10 a month to come here!

Well i'm not gonna pay $10 a month for a place that dosen't have a like button & threads full of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes on top of quotes! Sometimes i think i should be getting payed $10 a month to come here!

Adam, you are pretty freaking entertaining, although probably only about a $7 a month value...

There is a tremendous value in the info that has come through this site but the simple issues of getting a like button or a better photo upload application needs to be addressed. There are many other sites out there that are more user friendly and this site is losing it's experienced talented tyers because of it's lack of maintenance by it's owner.

There is a tremendous value in the info that has come through this site but the simple issues of getting a like button or a better photo upload application needs to be addressed. There are many other sites out there that are more user friendly and this site is losing it's experienced talented tyers because of it's lack of maintenance by it's owner.

I think you are 100% correct. If you look, 5-10 new members sign up DAILY, mostly never to be heard from EVER... If they came to look for a specific pattern the database dysfunction rapidly thwarts any initial enthusiasm. Big Bummer

You could have said $7.50c? Mogup is wright! Photo uploads of full image has to become easier! After looking at other places, things just seem outdated here! Text is also to small on mobile version looking from a phone, other places are easier on the eye's!

Just suggestion and not a complaint, but get a bid from a firm with the technical capabilities and post that info and a mailing address. I would suspect that many of us would be willing to send a check. I am a huge fan of this site and the quality information available through the membership.

I was just wondering if the new moderators/ monitors had any contact with will, the forum owner to maybe voice our requests to make the forum better

I never indicated to have the new moderators/monitors make any changes to the forum

Steve has already gone through all of the complaints regarding the like button, the database etc

These requests to fix broken pieces of this forum has been going on for quite a long time and folks should just get used to having nothing fixed

If this site ever died, there is so much more information on the world wide Web than what's in this forum

I'm with Adam. Who wants to pay for quotes upon quotes upon quotes! :)

Maybe the site needs a few more sponsors to help foot the bill. Advertising couldn't hurt.

The site is what it is and that's that. If the owner doesn't want to address it, so be it. If he does, that would be nice. A simple functioning like button would save a bunch of band width of typing and also missed recognition from those unwilling to type " I like that". But for sure I'm not paying $10 a month or any other fee for being here, not happening.

1- "voluntary" donation; and

2- only if assurance that Fixes were made.

Those are my points.

I'm not paying $10 a month or any other fee for being here, not happening. Period/unconditionally/regardless of the fee terms.

heres your like button. copy and save it to your desktop. its the only way we're gonna get it to work

like_zpsj1muco6s.jpg