Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

steeldrifter - new member help

steve

i have been contacted by a new member to this forum who would like to post new threads and respond to threads but the forum wont allow him to do so.

he says he created an account and can login but cannot post anything. he has tried to contact you but no response.

i dont know if there is a waiting period between signing up and posting a new thread or replying to one

his name is "eddie southgate"

he is grateful if you can help him out

thanks for helping

norm

i did find this

Norm I looked and he is not banned or flagged at all, but the odd thing is he's in the Validating member group and that feature is one we don't even have turned on to the best of my knowledge. The only thing I see that could possibly be causing an issue might be his email address that is used for registering. He has an outlook.com email address and that is an email service that I think is pretty old and outdated these days so the site software might have some sort of filter built into it that is automatically flagging his account due to his email. If you can get a hold of him tell him to grab a free Gmail email account and use that to re register (he will have to slightly change his name though, just add a 1 or something to it) and he should be able to post normally then that way.

Let me know if that works for him or not.

steve

thanks for taking the time to research this problem

i will contact him and have him view your response above

norm

Just a suggestion... I have a gmail address, and Google has been messing around with their systems so much I'm tempted to migrate. He might consider a yahoo or roadrunner account.

Thank you both for all your help . Your suggestion worked. Best Regards <*)))))>< Eddie Southgate

Good to hear, glad it worked, and welcome aboard Eddie. Feel free to contact me directly with any issues if you have any down the road.

Steve