Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

Properly replying with quotes ...

I figured I'd put this here, to prevent insulting anyone in particular. I've seen several people, recently, using the quote button, then typing their reply right in the quote box. Makes it hard to understand where the quoted part ends and the reply begins.

Hard enough that I often don't bother reading any of it.

Here's a little request ...

Please ... try not to type your reply IN the quote box. My old eyes just aren't up to the task.

Thank you.

I figured I'd put this here, to prevent insulting anyone in particular. I've seen several people, recently, using the quote button, then typing their reply right in the quote box. Makes it hard to understand where the quoted part ends and the reply begins.

quote 1.jpg

quote 2.jpg

quote 3.jpg

Please ... try not to type your reply IN the quote box. My old eyes just aren't up to the task.

Thank you.

Thank you Mike, it drives me crazy too! Lol

Here's a little request ...quote 1.jpg

quote 2.jpg

quote 3.jpg

HAHAHA... Pretty funny, Joe.

Thank you.

Sorry, Mike. I never realized I was doing that. Thanks

quote 1.jpg

quote 2.jpg

quote 3.jpg

Thank you.

Naw, flytire ... unfamiliarity with site features is no reason to ignore someone.

As I stated on the original post, "I figured I'd put this here, to prevent insulting anyone in particular."

Just trying to help ... and those who want the help will appreciate it. In the words of my grandmother, those of you who wish to denigrate others who try to help can, "go suck eggs!"

Naw, flytire ... unfamiliarity with site features is no reason to ignore someone.

As I stated on the original post, "I figured I'd put this here, to prevent insulting anyone in particular."

Just trying to help ... and those who want the help will appreciate it. In the words of my grandmother, those of you who wish to denigrate others who try to help can, "go suck eggs!"

Mike, I can't reply to this, I'm ignoring you.

Hey Mike When I first started on the forum I could quote posts in my reply, but now when I click the quote button it just takes me to a normal reply box with the quoted post no where to be found. Any tips on remedying this situation. If I get it fixed I swear to never post my reply in the quote box. lol

Hey Mike When I first started on the forum I could quote posts in my reply, but now when I click the quote button it just takes me to a normal reply box with the quoted post no where to be found. Any tips on remedying this situation. If I get it fixed I swear to never post my reply in the quote box. lol

That's a problem I've never noticed. I just went through all my "preference" selections, etc. and I don't see anywhere to change what happens with the "quote" button. Steve will have to help you there, perhaps.

If you're interested, try the "MultiQuote" button and see what happens if you select more than one "quote". I don't see how the program could NOT post the quotes in that case ...