Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fly boxes

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Edward Snowden

Edward Snowden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:09 AM

Thanks Joe, I am not sure I would have figured that out.  Seems like a hard way to put a small hole in the box.

#32 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

It was explained to me that it was meant to keep the box from falling into the deep hole when I forgot to zipper the vest pocket closed. Of course that was after I retrieved the dropped box of very wet "dry flies".

#33 Edward Snowden

Edward Snowden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

Just received my new Barnsley fly box.  I am very happy with my purchase.  Shipping was fast and the box exceeds my expectations.  I bought the aluminum model.  The metal is thicker than I thought it would be, and the springs on the windows are first rate.  Thanks again to chugbug for the recommendation.  Now, I will second that.