Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

posting to Fly Pattern Database--immediate?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

How long does it normally take for a pattern posted to the fly pattern database to show up there? I added mine yesterday, and at the end of the process it said that my pattern had been added, but I can't find it in the database and there's nothing on my profile page that indicates that I have any patterns in the database. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryon

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#2 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Was it a "Pulled Pork Slider"?  It's there

Shoebop

#3 Sandworm

Sandworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hi Bryan. My names Tim. I'm a newby. I spent 2 hours uploading 2 differant fly patterns today . I got the same message you did , and I cat finds flies either. Can you helpe out ??? Thanks

#4 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

Open  the database.  Under the blue banner, there are several options, one of which is "Upload a pattern".  Click it and you'll get a template page. Select all the items that are appropriate, fill in materials, and tying instructions, then upload a photo.  Pretty simple to follow (assuming it's working).

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#5 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Sorry, I see you already did that.  Sandworm, I went to the dB and found four flies posted by you (three of them looked like the same fly). 

Bryon... there are a bunch of flies under the name Bryonie07.   Is that you?

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#6 Sandworm

Sandworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

Hi FlaFly , thank's s for getting back with me. Sorry about the bloopers. I have been using my smart phone to do all posting. We'll between the touchy tap screen and spell check changing the words I pulled some winners the past few days. L. O. L. If you could deleate all the Squid posts leaving the one I posted with the Squid mounted in a display head down and has the attached tying instructions . The post labeled Soften Squid is a typo and both posts have a photo of the same Squid laying on its side loose and unmounted need to go. Sorry about the screw ups . I did better posting my Hellgrammite. L. O. L. Thanks for you help
Tim

#7 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

I'm not a site administrator, so I can't delete from the database.  Not sure anyone can.

On top of that, the forum site is acting up again today so anything might happen.

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

Reply to this topic