Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

New to forums confused

19 replies to this topic

#16 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Just to be clear ... click the "quote" button.  At the bottom of the screen, you should get a reply screen with the quote already in it.

attachicon.gifthis button.jpg

It works fine for me.  

Maybe I'm old fashioned (no, I KNOW I'm old fashioned,) I use a computer when I am on the Internet.  Phones are for voice communication.  Verizon looked at me like I was nuts when I said I just wanted a phone to do voice only.  

I have been getting a little better, I think I may have send a half dozen texts in the last few months. 

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#17 bellevue.chartreuse.trout

bellevue.chartreuse.trout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I too am 'new' - relatively at least to the forum. I've ben a member for a few months, bee reading a LOT of past posts in the step by step tying section and the warmwater area. Then have tried to read all the posts in the Lodge I think. I've gotten to page 81 or so and just resigned at trying to catch up to read them all. Many issues get repeated query - not a problem as I've seen various people respond and some information gets just a little different response at times.

I've tried to find if there is a topic listed in the forum that describes the details  - 'how to.....' search, browse or otherwise find a specific word or phrase used in any posting in all the forum 'rooms'.  I haven't seen a specific listing for such a topic. If there is one, could someone direct me to it? I've tried to use the 'browse by material' and search box. I think I've had a little success with it. But if there's a more efficient way to use this forum, use the search feature more effectively, I'd like to know how to use it.

Any feedback - thanks.

BCT

#18 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

When you use the search feature try to use just one word that way it will give you the most relevant hits for that word. If you use two words it will bring up things that are not quite a relevant.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#19 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Steve, since the OP is having issues with the quote button, perhaps there's a setting that's preventing his use of it. He only has 17 posts & I know on some other sites I frequent some features are disabled for new members until they reach a specific post count. Perhaps that's his problem here?

#20 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Nope there are no restriction for any features on the site, everything is usable to members with even 1 post with the exception of the trading floor which requires 40 posts.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

Reply to this topic