Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Notification of comments

4 replies to this topic

#1 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Just noticing that folk can leave a comment on a fly that has been posted to the Pattern Database. How do you know if someone has commented on your fly. I stumbled across a question someone had asked.

I do not mean comments left in the section of the forum cold water/warm water/ salt etc that the pattern pops up in. These comments are actually on the pattern database board.

Cheers

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#2 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Good question.  I see if you click on "comment" you get a new page that has your forum name shown, but I don't see anywhere that you can click to get replies.  I think maybe the trick is to make a comment, and see if you get an email when someone else comments or replies.  I'll look for one I really want more info on, and give it a try.

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#3 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Piker

I just left a comment on pattern nr. 11694.  When I go back to it, my comment still appears there.  Search that fly, and see if you can see the comment.

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#4 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Yep the comment sits there but I am not aware anyones left a comment. I hate to think someone is looking for advice about a pattern and they dont get a response.

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#5 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

How about commenting back to me on that fly.  That way I can see if it works two-way (if I get an email notification)

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

Reply to this topic