Fly Tying
stabgnid

I can not believe I did this..

Well after I get my hands on some seals fur dubbing .. I have lost it I have cleaned my desk out went threw my bags of stuff still can not find it I have lost it !!! I want to scream !!!

Steve-stabgnid

Well after I get my hands on some seals fur dubbing .. I have lost it I have cleaned my desk out went threw my bags of stuff still can not find it I have lost it !!! I want to scream !!!

Steve-stabgnid

Are you sure you didn't put it somewhere reallllly safe?

I am getting famous for such things, I ask my wife and she finds it?

I told her that ovaries are homing devises and she just said I am having senior moments!

Seal is readily available in Canada and I hate to tell you so is polar bear.

I would not want to try to ship it to you as your Presidante would ban me from your beautiful country.

I finally broke down and bought a new bag of peacock herl ( no where near equal to the old I might add), I had a bag with long rich looking herls, enough to last me a life time, no clue where it got to.

Mike is right(again?)..i can,t leave my door open for one minute and they are in and out with a skin gone..if you have dogs check their favorite hiding spots..

If you can't find it you probably didn't really need it

CRS (can't remember shit) is real

On the other hand, you bought it didn't use it but can't remember what you bought it for

Do you have dogs? Checked it's sh ... fecal matter?

No dogs !!!

If you can't find it you probably didn't really need it

On the other hand, you bought it didn't use it but can't remember what you bought it for

I really need it I'm in a spey swap on another board ...

Steve-stabgnid

You think you want to scream, imagine how the seal felt.

When I did some flies for the Musky swap just to play with a new design but not in the swap itself I finished the flies, had the aluminum dumbbell heads all tied in and went to put the nice big shiny eyes on them. Two days of looking would not turn up my bag of stick on eyes of which I have about every size made and probably well over a hundred eyes. Finally sent them without the eyes and next day they popped up in the box I had looked for them about three times earlier. How they disappeared and then magically re-appeared I cannot understand. Now the hunt is one for the new tip for my cauterizing tool. Got a spare tip for it when I bought it and it disappeared from the safe place I put it to another safe place I put it.

Thank you Flytier, I needed that reassurance after yesterday. The other weekend I was at the Scottish Fly Fair. I took my LAW vice. As I was driving, not flying, I didn't have to trust others (airport baggage handlers) with it. Anyway since I got back I have been using my HMH. I've not a lot of tying on, as health matters have rather pushed everything aside. Still yesterday I thought I'd get the LAW out, to tie some white nymphs I promised a friend. Could I find it? First I looked in the Really Useful Box I had put all the materials for the fair in. Not there. Then I looked in my holdall, then suitcase, and finally the boot of the car. Nowhere. I was starting to panic! In the end I found that I had done the most unthinkable thing possible. I had put it away in the bureau that houses my fly tying equipment. Who would think to look there!

Cheers,

C.

Steve-stabgnid

What color was it?I've got a bunch and if it's the right color is be willing to part with some