Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Eyes?

Acrylic jewels from Wallyworld.... emery papered the center facet and dropped some black centers. Prolly wouldn't last but encased in Solarez on fly head might work....WIP....anybody tried this or even wanted to....covering the whole facet made them dark. Can't emery the backs that's the mirror surface...120 assorted 8mm $2. You can really only use the clear, red, yellow. Purple, green,blue, too dark and wrong color anyway...

IMG_1654.jpg

Yep you're right. Saw them thought I might get some big sparkle ones but after painting not sure and may be too thick and heavey. I got some with the fabric paint on wax paper but they look flimsy.....got bunches from basspro ready mades. Tryin for something I can't buy or at least having fun.....

Except for the compliments these big streamers are made with the kids toy hair fibers from DollarTree. I got all colors but red, dark blue, and dark green. $1apiece

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Might notice I saw the flash showing thru the Solarez so I wrapped the head on last one with ill flash to make it sparkle rather than plain thread when coated....

Went wild with big sharpie to color red(sailfish)

The yellar one for dolphin

The mackerel for tuna, kings, wahoo

That is if I can get in some blue water again w/flyrig!!!!

IMG_1627.jpg

The Chinese plastic dumb bell eyes on EBAY are relatively cheap --@ $6.50 -- for forty of them and offer the option of low sinking weight for hovering streamers or for those you do not want to have a front-weighted jigging effect. Anyone use them who can comment on their durability?

Rocco

The pic doesn't do justice....like lil red lites on'em!!!

IMG_1673.jpg

Only thing handy that big....the 2 poppers. What makes this work is this size has a flat facet the smaller and bigger come to a point.....not good I think....

IMG_1675.jpg

Mirage eyes are pretty good lots more handy but not seen'em in red, yellow....so we got sumthin we can't buy!

IMG_1676.jpg

The pic doesn't do justice....like lil red lites on'em!!!

Nice work, Bass will tear em up.

I bet they light up in the sunlight.