Fly Tying

SWAP IS FULL

Thought it would be fun to do a swap based around a specific animal. For this one we are going to focus on squirrels.

squirrel.jpg?resize=300%2C300

Doesn't matter if it is from a tree squirrel or a ground squirrel, the pattern has to have some squirrel part as a main feature (e.g., hair wing, dubbing, fur strip). Flies can be tied for any species in any size. Lets make the due date July 21st. Normal rules apply, toe tags and return postage. Since this is my first time hosting we are going to keep it USA only and open it up to 10 people, each person tying 10 flies.

1. netabrookie - received
2. fishingbobnelson - received
3. vicrider - received
4. joseph russell
5. Fisherboy0301 - received
6. djtrout
7. Chase Creek - received
8. Stilljerkin - received
9. kennebec12 - received
10. flytire - received
SM - JD1983 - complete

jd1983, I tend to get a little squirrely sometimes so count me in. I will either do a streamer or a nymph but can't make up my mind at the present moment.

Much as I'd like to harvest my own I just ordered some pieces of tail so if you'll have me I'm in. Last time I just did a simple streamer with squirrel but this time I'm going to take a look at finding something a little more interesting...or not.

Got the list updated and everyone who replied is in. Looks like we have two more spots and then this thing is full.

fishingbobnelson - The picket pin is one of my favorite flies to tie and a heck of a fly for fishing riffles and runs! I was thinking about doing it for this swap but I guess I snooze, I lose. I will probably try and tie up some slump busters or maybe do the streamer version of the picket pin instead.