Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyMAn

Orvis wader repair service?

Got a leak in the neoprene stockingfoot on my breathable waders. Called Orvis C/S and they only gave me a return# and a mailing address. No other information..So I shipped them my waders today, But i'm now left wondering what will happen next? Since they didn't give me any details on the phone. :wallbash:

I had holes in my pro guides and sent them back. After 6 or 8 weeks with out I realy started complaining. I was told when I bought them they would fix or repair. They didnt! The best they did is give me a certificate for $40 off a new pair. I took my money to Cabelas and got there Pro guides and I like them better.

Kevin

I had holes in my pro guides and sent them back. After 6 or 8 weeks with out I realy started complaining. I was told when I bought them they would fix or repair. They didnt! The best they did is give me a certificate for $40 off a new pair. I took my money to Cabelas and got there Pro guides and I like them better.

Kevin

Thanks for the info..Wow, that was so wrong of Orvis. What about their 100% guarantee they offer?

Was thinking about getting a Cabelas pair for another backup pair.. Or maybe i'll just go with Simms.

Kevin

Thanks for the info..Wow, that was so wrong of Orvis. What about their 100% guarantee they offer?

Was thinking about getting a Cabelas pair for another backup pair.. Or maybe i'll just go with Simms.

Bad News, more for those who live overseas, as me in Patagonia!! I should use the repair kit or go for an extra wader... thanks for the info, I´ll tell to the local Orvis dealer in case of a situation like this.

I tryed the repair kit first. That didnt work and I even called them to make sure I was doing correctly. Also I asked about there 100% that was as good as I got from them. I also had there best boot. After Maryland chanced there felt laws I could have gotten there new boot but went with Simms Freestone. Great boot.

Kevin

Good News About my Orvis wader situation.

Orvis called and said they couldn't fix my waders. And being that my waders were only a year+ old and their replacement is for 5 years, they are sending me a new pair. I didn't have to ask, or say anything for them to honor the full replacement. They just called me to confirm the size I wanted and my shipping address. Must say this company in awesome, and I will keep using their waders b/c a 5 year warranty for waders. Is awesome in my book. So when i do the math of 200+ x 5 years = 1000+ trips for my money and since Orvis has a great C/S department, it's well worth the investment in using this product.

My first pair of breathables were Orvis.........first pair, leak in seam in foot.......return to fly shop--paid 8 bucks and I was given a new pair.......did this for 3 years.......same problem with every pair......I finally told the fly shop that I wanted my money back........they told me, but the warranty is great......and you will get another new pair.....I told the man that I didn't care about getting a new pair every year......I wanted something I could trust....took the money and bought a pair of Simms G3s, they lasted me 8-9 years or so......

My first pair of breathables were Orvis.........first pair, leak in seam in foot.......return to fly shop--paid 8 bucks and I was given a new pair.......did this for 3 years.......same problem with every pair......I finally told the fly shop that I wanted my money back........they told me, but the warranty is great......and you will get another new pair.....I told the man that I didn't care about getting a new pair every year......I wanted something I could trust....took the money and bought a pair of Simms G3s, they lasted me 8-9 years or so......

I was thinking about going your route with the Simms G3s. But them waders are also a love hate relationship, between the people i also know who own them. And my local sport shop that sells them. Since you either get a pair that leak after a few trips. Or you get a pair that's built great and will last you about 5+ seasons. So for now i'm sticking with my Orvis brand waders, since I just got a new pair with a 5 year warranty. And if I need a new pair every other season is ok with me. Since I won't now be stuck walking around with the Pizza stain I got on my waders, that wouldn't wash out.