Fly Tying
jburge

Tenkara swap (any style, all are welcome)

I guess it's time for another one of these... Tenkara fishing is pretty simple and the flies aren't complex, so let's do a Tenkara swap.

Standard swap rules apply for the first eleven to speak up:

- Self-addressed stamped envelope and toe tags on your flies to me

- Due date is March 3 (I would've said March 6 or 7, but I'll be at the Northwest Fly Fishing Expo :-))

I'll keep everyone posted on progress. When you've completed your flies, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my mailing address.

Remember... there's elegance in simplicity.

John

1. jburge - Sakasa Kebari Caddis Pupa Variant, Sakasa Kebari Royal Wulff Variant, Chris Stewart's Killer Kebari

2. Horseshoes - Ishigaki Fly - arrived

3. sniperfreak223 - Pheasant Tail Variant / addy sent / arrived

4. fishingbobnelson - TBD (he knows where I live) / arrived

5. vicrider - Beaded Bomber / addy sent / arrived

6. ostfyn - Green Takayama Sakasa Kebari / addy sent

7. rockworm - Dun and Cree Sekasa Kebari / addy sent / arrived

8. DavidHE / addy sent / arrived

9. Henrik Thomsen - Bibio (hawthorn fly) / addy sent / arrived

10. Simplejack / addy sent / arrived

I'm speaking up, not sure what it is but I will investigate.

Do you know I bought a tenkara rod about 11 years ago and never knew what it was till I googled it not long ago. lol.

Dr. Ishigaki's Fly is the one for me, pure simplicity and a well proven fly.

You're right… simple, proven, and it's from one of the masters. Glad to have you!

I'm speaking up, not sure what it is but I will investigate.

Do you know I bought a tenkara rod about 11 years ago and never knew what it was till I googled it not long ago. lol.

You were ahead of your time and just didn't know it :-)

I'll give this a shot too, been wanting to try tying sakasa kebari type flies for a while now and this'll give me an excuse to learn.

I'll be tying a Pheasant tail-type fly, with a brown hen collar, peock herl thorax and pheasant tail body.

I'll give this a shot too, been wanting to try tying sakasa kebari type flies for a while now and this'll give me an excuse to learn.

I'll be tying a Pheasant tail-type fly, with a brown hen collar, peock herl thorax and pheasant tail body.

Glad to have you and the fly sounds like a real fish-getter.

Yep...Awhile ago I bought a half dozen Tenkara flies to check them out. No reason they shouldn't do anything a soft hackle would do and the forward leaning hackle should fluff nicely in the water. I may not use them for Tenkara fishing but can see their use in other applications. I bookmarked a cool looking Tenkara fly with an alternating bead and dubbing that looked interesting. Not really simple but rather elegant. I'll give that a shot. No name so let's call it the beaded bomber.

Yep...Awhile ago I bought a half dozen Tenkara flies to check them out. No reason they shouldn't do anything a soft hackle would do and the forward leaning hackle should fluff nicely in the water. I may not use them for Tenkara fishing but can see their use in other applications. I bookmarked a cool looking Tenkara fly with an alternating bead and dubbing that looked interesting. Not really simple but rather elegant. I'll give that a shot. No name so let's call it the beaded bomber.

Sounds good to me, glad to have you aboard. And you're right about the variation of application. The flies are effective in a number of ways.

Hey everybody

I'm in - pattern TBD

Ostfyn

Glad to have you, thanks for joining.

Remember... there's elegance in simplicity.

In that case I'm in with some Dun and Cree Sekasa Kebari. The elegantest ever!