Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tmartin412

Hi- SE PA

Hi All:

Quick intro. I currently live in SE PA. I'm a professor at Temple University and oversee a graduate program in health informatics. After a long absence from tying (maybe 10 years) I'm back. I've been looking at getting back out fishing with my 20 month old son and will see how it goes! I"ll never forget the day my dad took us saltwater fishing on a pier when I was maybe 3 or 4 y ars old. I've been lucky to sneak in a few fishing trips to Montana and have a trip planned for Patagonia in 2018. Planned stops include the Limay and heading out in Bariloche, Torres del Paine, and Ushuaia. Can't wait for this trip! Looking forward to interacting with folks and the fly swaps look super interesting.

Welcome to the site, Martin.

If you lived in Florida, you could take your son fishing right now.

wink.png

20 months is a perfect size. Some water wings, a 20 foot piece of rope and your boy can be bait for some 'gator fishing !!!

biggrin.png

Kidding, of course.

Welcome, again, to the site.

Until Patagonia you can look forward to fly fishing the Wissahickon.

post-309-0-34310100-1480734970_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-78235300-1480735014_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site.

Welcome again.. PM me if I can help out with some materials, in short term .. Sorry you did not win the JosephSylvia Christmas derby.

Seems you are doing really well, considering that your new vice (vise) is better than all mine combined,; a current, big problem is membership in a private club; and, Patagonia beckons- even though it is not until 2018...

Have you fished Big Horn, from Ft. Smith, in December? If so, you probably know the Browns are snarling after the egg patterns right now.. 100 fish per boat days, not uncommon..

I will still forward you tying materials- if you post about 4 pictures of flies you most need to tie, from my abundant store, but it hurts me since the last football, Bowl game, in which the Wyoming Cowboys last appeared was v. the Temple Owls, and the Owls kicked our azz goal-to-goal, and sideline-to-sideline. Not that I was keepin score ;)

#keeping.my.word. #will.pay.it.forward2016

Respectfully,

Kenduardo

Welcome again.. PM me if I can help out with some materials, in short term .. Sorry you did not win the JosephSylvia Christmas derby.

Seems you are doing really well, considering that your new vice (vise) is better than all mine combined,; a current, big problem is membership in a private club; and, Patagonia beckons- even though it is not until 2018...

Have you fished Big Horn, from Ft. Smith, in December? If so, you probably know the Browns are snarling after the egg patterns right now.. 100 fish per boat days, not uncommon..

I will still forward you tying materials- if you post about 4 pictures of flies you most need to tie, from my abundant store, but it hurts me since the last football, Bowl game, in which the Wyoming Cowboys last appeared was v. the Temple Owls, and the Owls kicked our azz goal-to-goal, and sideline-to-sideline. Not that I was keepin score wink.png

#keeping.my.word. #will.pay.it.forward2016

Respectfully,

Kenduardo

That jackpot was more than I needed anyway! I've been sitting here tying some wooly worms and small nymphs. Trying to up my tying dexterity a bit. Will post some pics once I figure the process. That Wyoming game was crazy and I think the Cowboys has some other good games this year. Owls beat Navy today. Will see if the coach is sticking around. Rumor is that he might head to the Irish. Will shift to pm.

tmart, just let me know if there is Anything I can do to help out.

Have a veritable flyshop in basement, but must warn that US mail and UPS , in and out of here, would get beat by the Pony Express somewhat often. Have heard many excuses about poor mail service but "... was afraid to leave truck after mountain lion ran down the creek bottom... " did have the ring of truth for me. Just sayin other sources could be faster....