Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

long supply

I dried a skin from one I shot last spring unfortunately bugs got into as I just left it un-bagged in my shop if I get another this fall i'll be more careful with the skin.

Hi Norm, are those in your yard? Do you mind shooting one for me, skinning and salting it and sending it to me? I don't mind paying for the shipping.

Just kidding, I have two salted skins. Just trying to get the 'squatch to slap his head.

they were in my fathers yard. part of a rafter of about 26 or so that frequents his area

sorry but i dont own a gun and at my age i'm run too slow to catch them

7QMm.gif

I have several turkey squads in my neighborhood, doesn't help my neighbor feeds the darn things. I can usually find a few wing feathers dropped around the neighborhood throughout the year, good enough for some muddler minnows.

I dried a skin from one I shot last spring unfortunately bugs got into as I just left it un-bagged in my shop if I get another this fall i'll be more careful with the skin.

Treat the flesh side of the skin with powdered borax, let it dry and bugs will not bother it.

Joe

Treat the flesh side of the skin with powdered borax, let it dry and bugs will not bother it.

Joe

Or salt.

Joe

I boraxed it quite liberally including the feather side it was good for a few months at least but they got it around 8 or 9 months later if I remember right.