Fly Tying

Here is info on how we tie a fishing fly that seems to be working on the trout feeding near the water's surface at a couple of local ponds. We first tried it on the Blue River in Oklahoma. Seem to be working in Texas as well. Fly Tying - The PMC Emerger.

post-48971-0-63103100-1483347761_thumb.png

Fished the local pond yesterday to break the work week blues. PMC Emerger worked on the little Bluegill. Weekend is here though, gonna wet a line somewhere this weekend! Post.

Do you ever tie this in different colors?

Not yet. For the ponds I have been fishing lately seems like the black tying thread and grizzly hackle are working.

Do you ever tie this in different colors?

Not yet. For the ponds I have been fishing lately seems like the black tying thread and grizzly hackle are working.

PS: Used the PMC Emerger to catch a Trout and a little Bluegill today. However, the Griffith's Gnat in size 16 was the fly to have... But, as luck would have it, ran out of them. Post. For the Griffith's Gnat, I use a caddis hook else it's a standard Griffith's Gnat. Seem to get better hook ups with the caddis hook.... Griffith's Gnat on a Caddis Hook.

Limited out on trout. Used varying retrieves after finding the pattern - PMC Emerger was the key! Posted a longer video this round to show the retrieves! Video.