Fly Tying
mikechell

pets

None of the people I know with pets, regard them as anything less than children. I know there are people out there who feel pets are just animals, and can retain a "lack" of feeling towards them ... but Wife and I aren't like that.

We lost one of our babies today. We went to my Brother-in-Law's and had his memorial at 3:00pm. When we got back, our Calico was almost unresponsive. We took her to the pet hospital and they tried to save her, but it wasn't to be.

I am not really looking for sympathy ... just letting you all know why I probably won't be online for the next few days.

Take care of your children, hug them and tell them you love them ... whether they have 2 legs or 4. You never know if this will be the last time you can do so.

That sucks. I'm not a pet guy, and I don't understand it, but just because I don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't true. Sorry for your loss Mike. Keep your chin up Marine.

Sorry to hear that Mike. I have a Calico myself (I have a couple cats) cats can be just as big a part of the family as dogs, especially since they can be in the family for 18-20 yrs on average. The unconditional love of a good four legged friend is hard to beat.

Working with an animal rescue, lots of cats and dogs, young and old, come and go here. It's best not to get attached to one... But it still is hard to cope with losing an animal. But with the things I've experienced, and the animals I've lost or killed (not pets!) I guess I've become "desensitized" to death... It doesbt bother me like it used to.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Mike. I hope you cope with it well and get to feeling better soon. I know how much of a family member they become. Will pray for you and your wife buddy.

Well, you may not be looking for sympathy...but my heart's out to you. I'm very sorry, man. Hang in there. Ed

You have my sympathies Mike. Having had pets since early childhood I've been involved with many losses. Some came sudden and unexpected. Some came from illness that we knew was their last. They all hurt. I don't go to the extent of being "children" as some do but they become important. Don't know if they will cheer you up or sadden you but these are the ones we have now and for a change these have a chance of outliving me for a change.

Copy of DSC00421.JPG

This shot they'd just come back from declawing and couldn't wait to use litter box full of torn paper. Think one might have got a wet tail.

DSC00436.JPG

And after we lost our motorcycle riding Min-Tin we were done with dogs...for awhile...Then these two found their way into our home and have been doing their best to make life hell for the cats ever since. The first one is cross between a Daschund and a Yorkie so he's our little Dorkie.

dork.jpg

DSC00674.JPG

C.B. was special.

She has had leukemia since she was a couple years old. Mom has been giving her pills twice a day for most of her life.

She was funny, and fun, in so many ways.

She almost always laid on her back (white belly up, making her easy to see at night).

She seemed to crave salt, and tried to lick it off our skin at every opportunity. Tell her, "no" and she'd stop, but in the middle of the night she'd sneak some in.

She cried outside the shower every time Mom was in there ... ALL the time Mom was in there.

She wouldn't let me pick her up without a game of chase ... but I could pet her with my foot all day long.

She was also the tiniest of our cats.

She was very loved ... and she will be very missed.

Thank you for your thoughts, everyone.

Mike, been thinking of you every day and praying for you. I've been there a few times. It's part of the game with these "family" members, but it is still just awful. I've had Labs for 40 years or so. My current one is over 10 and we thought we were going to lose her twice in the

last year...oh, man it's been bad, and I know we'll have to face it soon. But, I did get a new baby recently:post-56862-0-41464100-1442336310_thumb.jpg

Ed