Fly Tying
fshng84

Simple Tenkara Fly

I look at those flies and all I can see is ... an umbrella in a strong wind ... or, someone sneezed just as you were attaching the hackle.

Oh ... and maybe this is why they are catching fish for you ... a woman standing over the air outflow of the subway, as in "Marilyn Monroe".

I look at those flies and all I can see is ... an umbrella in a strong wind ... or, someone sneezed just as you were attaching the hackle.

Oh ... and maybe this is why they are catching fish for you ... a woman standing over the air outflow of the subway, as in "Marilyn Monroe".

I like it! Going to tie one in Pink/White and start calling it the "Marilyn Monroe"! :-)

I like it! Going to tie one in Pink/White and start calling it the "Marilyn Monroe"! :-)

Here it the "Marilyn Monroe"... now just got to try it out!

13067519_f260.jpg

Tried the Pink/White Tenkara Fly using the Kiyotaki 18 Tenkara Rod at the local pond. Looks like this combo did well! Liking this simple tenkara fly aka the "Marilyn Monroe"! Today's Video.

LOL Glad to be of service with the name. Nice fish ... but I just can't get into the "style" of fishing.

"Simple Tenkara Fly" - Been having good success with this simple pattern in our local ponds for Panfish! Only uses a hook, hackle, and tying thread. Easy to tie; easy to fish; give it a try!

Variant of the Simple Tenkara Fly made with pink tying thread and a white saddle hackle. Do give it a try, too!