Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
David 82nd

Finally , Hello everyone

Hello , been signed on here for a little while, I'll admit I had a rough time being able to post or comment ,in fact I wasn't able to , then I " revalidated my acct. this worked lol. So as you can see I'm able to participate here now . Guess I'll introduce my self , I'm retired , a veteran from the 82nd Airborne Div , paratrooper/w bad knees . I live in upstate New York , my local rivers are the Beaverkill, the east and west branch of the Delaware ,and the Willowemac Soon I'll be near the Esopus . I'm blessed with great trout waters .

Tying has become an obsession over the last year , I know many are the same can't explain it it just grabs a hold lol. Looking forward to all the great knowledge available here , and maybe get to know a few of you

Thanks. David

Welcome to the site, David. Glad to see you've figured out how to post. Hope you can figure out how to post some pictures of the trout and rivers !!!

Well then welcome and also thank you for your service !

I was out in the Catskills last year for a wedding, no time to fish as it turned out. But we did check out some waters while there, sort of a drive by situation. We thought we might try to get back out that way this year to actually fish but it looks like we are going back to Maine instead. Ya, it's nice country out there for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Dave G.

Welcome David, it is a good obsession (I think) you have some good groups in your area, if you haven't already look up the Catskill Guild some great tiers and good company. Thank you for your service I hope your dry flies land softer than you and your AA brothers.

Thank you CP, yes indeed if my flies landed like I have I'd spook every trout in the Catskills lol, yes I'm a member of the " Guild " in Roscoe , very nice facility if ever the opportunity see it , like walking through history of Flies" just a Beautiful place to visit

Glad you were finally able to get on. I don't know why but every once in a while it seems like the site traps someone in that validating group which far as I know doesn't even actually exist. It's some sort of a weird glitch that seems to happen now & then. Welcome aboard.

Steve