Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Been gone a while

3 replies to this topic

#1 kargen

kargen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

Looks like the last time I posted was ten years ago. Spent most my time in the photography area back then. Been so long since I tied a fly I'm unsure I am getting anything right. Watching a video on knots they had a link to this place and I'm glad I found it again. Had fun and learned a lot last time around and am sure that will happen this time as well.

Still doing photography so thought I better share one if I remember how.

Attached Thumbnails

• blue heron.jpg

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,037 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

Welcome back, Kargen.  Superb picture of a Great Blue Heron.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

Welcom back,  thank you for the picture, wonderful wish I could take pictures that looked like that.

#4 kargen

kargen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

Thank you!

Reply to this topic