Fly Tying
bowmike

rainbow trout game changer for tail water musky and striper

Nice fly, bowmike. I haven't messed with Game Changers yet. I saw some on another board that were tied up for trout, not to imitate them. I know on some lakes and tail waters where trout are stocked the dark side folks buy rainbow trout and live line them for stripers and largemouth. Did you use permanent markers for the colors?

Yes permanent marker for the colors. This thing is heavy though. I had my spinning rod in my car from taking my boy fishing so I snapped it on a snap swivel and chucked it out. 10 wt fly rod will be needed to cast that thing. LOL Which I have so its not and issue.

That was going to be my question, how does it cast. On bass eating trout, a POA near me buys a lot of trout in the fall to feed their bass in small lakes through the winter, trout will be gone by June but they have fat bass for C&R.

Nice fly, thanks for posting.

I suggest casting it with a two handed rod,,, very smooth and easy with longer rod and relatively heavy line.

It takes mass (line weight) to cast mass, is an old saying in the two handed community.

Regards,

FK