Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
chugbug27

Leak in my vinyl air mattress...

Can anyone recommend a good sealant for a leak in my air mattress where the vinyl meets the hard plastic pump housing? Maybe one that would have dual use for fly tying or other fishing uses?

McNett Aquaseal would be what I would try. Used it on my raft and it is awesome, don't see why it would not work on an air matress.

https://outdoor.mcnett.eu/outdoor/aquasure-urethane-repair-adhesive-sealant/

I don't know what "FD" means, but this one is inexpensive: https://www.gearaid.com/products/aquaseal-repair-adhesive?variant=28044138321

I suppose you could try some UV resins, they are flexible and should seal, but I think something like aqua seal will work a lot better, last longer, and is super easy to apply.

Better question is....Why are you still wearing felt soles?!?!?

My felt soles are coming off the front of my boots too...

Once I made the switch I can't imagine going back. They are lighter, better grip (could be opinion), easier to clean, and never fall apart. Too many dang days I walked back to the car with the sound of...flip, flop, flip, flop...of my felt sole coming off. I also remember a time chasing a felt sole down the river, lol. Sorry to hijack the thread.

I don't felt, but I believe in Barge Cement.

My first thought on the vinyl repair was CA, I've used it for pin holes in air mattress, to fill a void mix it with baking soda. But the UV resin is an interesting thought, it should be ideal if it does what folks say it does. Shoe goo has never been more than a temporary fix ime.

Ok, update...

The only things I had on hand we're thick uv resin, various nail polishes and head cements, some blue colored PVC cement, some ca gel, and some flexible stretchable fabric glue.

I decided to try these before buying more...

None worked. Except...

The flexible stretchable fabric glue. Yup.

Now as for my felt soles... I tried gorilla glue on my last pair, and that didn't work for long. Barge cement sounds interesting, before abandoning felt for good.