Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

Any Sources for Tungsten Washers?

Need parts for a DIY project. Tried Amazon, Googled, getting custom manufactures and such only; very thin, scrap plate might work if malleable enough to cut or drill.

Could I pound out and drill my own from T. beads or other fishing weights? Silver Creek, maybe to the rescue here????

Hmm I've seen 10mm ones with a 4 or 5mm hole in think one of the sites had then at like 667 bucks for 25, super high end part for a snowmobile I think.

Probably need to go another way, pricing would make normal product cheaper than DIY work-around.

Wonder if anthing else might be heavier than lead, need to put high ratio of weight to cubic inches into a pretty small space.

That company I gave you the link for sells powder as well maybe a way to mix it with a small amount of epoxy and mold it. Or give them a call and ask.

Uranium ... that's heavier than lead !!! You can find your own with a Gieger Counter, too !!!!

That company I gave you the link for sells powder as well maybe a way to mix it with a small amount of epoxy and mold it. Or give them a call and ask.

Thnaks, V, this lead has promise. Going to call someone in Laramie, not wanting to be on a DHS list, my mail is already too slow. If this powder mixes well with UV plastic resin, I can form up what I need.

At the price quoted for 25 washers you could seriously consider gold. Much easier to work to shape, and has the weight advantage over lead.

Cheers,

C.

This might be an answer, I know this is a German site, but I'm sure Loon products are available in the US.

https://allesfliege.de/loon-flytying-powder-tungsten.html

Cheers,

C.

You are a champ, C.!

Found another one in Czech Republic for making nympgh bodies, later too. May have found Loon at $50 for 28!grams, about 27 more than I need to complete my testing

Can we know what you're making?

We could play FTF jeopardy and make all guesses, ( correct responses, I mean,) in the FORM of a Question ;)