Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouta_Control

Mobile AL/ Gulf Shores Fly Fishing

My husband and I are going to the beach early October (Mobile/Gulf Shores AL area) and I was wondering if anyone knew if any great opportunities to fly fish down there. (Redfish, maybe?). I tried asking Google, but results were sparse- even when looking for fly shops.

Any advice is appreciated!

All of the area between the AL/FL border (Perdido Bay) to Mobile Bay is just the type of water that holds Redfish, Sea Trout and many other fish. Of course to fish it, you will need some type of boat, or book a guide. The Little Lagoon along the shore west would also be a good bet. The beach area just east of Gulf Shores would also be worth a try. There are quite a few charter outfits and guides if you search for Gulf Shores fishing. They should be able to provide local information.

My wife and I lived in Gulf Shores. West Beach was a good area to fly fish, walk the beach and wade out in the Gulf of Mexico. The only fly shop was in Fairhope Al. about half hour away. Orvis was the shop and outfitter. Great town as well. Hope this helps.

tight lines

wademan