Fly Tying
Kudu

Bream/Panfish Box swap

Guys your in. Ill keep in a couple more days and then we will start.

Oh, why not.

I told myself I'd sit out of swaps for a bit to refill my boxes. Plus, my limited tying time lately doesn't help things.

However, this could be a quick and lucrative swap. I'll join in. I can always use a new variety of panfish bugs.

Kudu, I'll get in on this but I'm not sure what you want in a fly box. Is an Altoids box with foam insert adequate? Do we need an "official" fly box? And the other thing, as a mod who has seen a lot of swaps on here, just giving 5 days like you're doing will mean a harder time filling swap. Your 5 day allocation does not include the weekend and there are people who do not get on the site until the weekend. I know, not me cause I'm old and retired but a lot of working people save the net for the weekend.

Vic

I meant a very cheap official flybox. Im using a little foam green one that I got for 5 bucks. Ill close the swap tomorrow evening. I kept deadlines short as its any easy swap and I was listening to complaints from people that dont swap anymore. Hope that helps.

I'd think we should up the flies to double the amount of entries. Unless someone is tying some fantastic deer hair flies for panfish it's almost a waste of postage to mail out and return postage on a half dozen flies today. I'd be up for up to twenty flies since these really are some easy ties and should go fast. Your swap and I'm in but would prefer not to spend $10.00 on a half dozen panfish flies.

Kudu- go ahead and count me out, I dont have time to tie 20 flies, i have vacation, work trips etc.. coming up. I will catch up with you on a saltwater swap later.

Im waiting for the final decision. I kind of agree 10-12 Bream flies + a $5-$7 fly box aint worth the postage or hassle.

Depending on what you tying 20 Bream flies is only a few hrs or an evening or two.

You bump this up too 20 flies and Im in.

I have more flies than Ill use before I die but I like these kind of swaps for the variety and ideas you get.

An other idea is no more than 3-4 flies of the same pattern.

Who wants 20 Woolley Buggers or 20 foam Spiders which some folks will do.

I agree, just 10 or 12 flies is a bit low for a swap like this. I'm a slow tyer and I'm up to 13 already. Biggest time-suck is just figuring out what to tie next to make a good variety.