Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryon Anderson

Book Recommendation

If you a) like to read non-fiction, b ) fancy yourself a rational thinker, and c) have ever taken a look at American history and/or culture and thought to yourself, "What in the name of __________ IS GOING ON HERE?!?!", I would heartily recommend to you a book I just finished called Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire--A 500 Year History by Kurt Andersen.

It is a very interesting, thought-provoking, and (to me, at least) enlightening read.

Isn't it irrational to fancy oneself as rational?

Perfectly easy to see what went wrong was slipshod immigration laws in the 16th and 17th centuries.

ty for the recommendation, I'll put it on my list..

People ... this book has already caused statements that can lead to arguments. I'm leaving it open for now, since recommending the book is not a problem. I've started a discussion among moderators about it.

If the political arguments start, the thread will be immediately deleted. Posts 2 and 3 are borderline.

Went from non-fiction to sci fi to spy novels to novels & back to non-fiction fishing, fly fishing, boating, canoeing, etc. as most of the rest is going to be little more than historical space waste.