Fly Tying
eastern fly

The Mighty Sculpin Swap

Ok now let's see if enough want in for this one. I'm sure we all can use some. Due date open for now until I see how many may want in.

SM. easternfly SWAP IS FULL DUE DATE 30 APRIL

1. vicente here

2. GP flyfisherman here

3. bertgwen here

4. vicrider

5. rockworm here

6. mwfishyfishy here

7. guitarplayingfishingguy

I'm in. Are you limiting the pool to a certain size? Need to figure out which pattern, and the size of the party may influence that decision.

robert

I'm in. Are you limiting the pool to a certain size? Need to figure out which pattern, and the size of the party may influence that decision.

robert

Not yet, I want to see how it goes.

Kevin

I have been looking for an excuse to order some sculpin heads and pick a nice pattern to take with me to the White or Little Red. This is a good excuse and to get a little variety in there. Hoping to go in April or May so hopefully have them in time. If not then I'll still have a few of my own. So yes, I'd like to join.

I will give it a few days to see what we get. I also need to get materials this week. If the number stays low maybe we can get a quick turn around.

Kevin

So far the number is low. What are some ideas and thoughts for the swap?

Kevin

Kevin, I would normally jump right in but afraid I have overcommitted myself (many swaps since Jan) and decent fishing weather is finally upon me...Still if the due date was, say May 15, I would likely be unable to resist... But 7 Weeks out is not fair to folks that want to fish these patterns much sooner.

You might also rule that hooks be Saltwater friendly so patterns have crossover appeal, not usually much Salt Swapping on the board.

FWIW

So far the number is low. What are some ideas and thoughts for the swap?

Kevin

Kevin, I would normally jump right in but afraid I have overcommitted myself (many swaps since Jan) and decent fishing weather is finally upon me...Still if the due date was, say May 15, I would likely be unable to resist... But 7 Weeks out is not fair to folks that want to fish these patterns much sooner.

You might also rule that hooks be Saltwater friendly so patterns have crossover appeal, not usually much Salt Swapping on the board.

FWIW

I like the idea, anyone can use a hook of that type. I will give it a few more days then go with what we have and maybe have a quick turnaround.

Kevin

As mush as I would like to, I will have to pass. Got too much on my plate now and that dam 4 letter word (work) is catching up to me now. Tis the season....