Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Reptiles!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

Been meaning to post a pic on this thread.
This is Bonny.Shes about 4.5 ft.Shes a sweet girl.Likes to wrap around my head and watch tv with me.Wierd I know

Attached Files

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#62 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Gorgeous Zip! I have two of my own. Hera is a normal colored female like yours, about 3 ft. Apollo is a young male. Hes a Black Pastel Pied morph, and is nearly all white with just a flick of black here and here, and the black pastel coloration on his head and face.
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#63 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

That's awesome!Sounds like the storm trooper morph!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret

#64 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:02 AM

Not hardly! Haha Ill get you a photo up soon. Rather than the 30k they wanted for stormtrooper (until he aged and the brown coloration showed up) we only paid about $600 for Apollo haha.
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#65 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

Bonny is het for pie.Id like to breed her this upcoming winter.I know you're in GA-if you wanna stud yours out we can split the hatchlings 50/50.I already have an incubator and vermiculite!
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret

#66 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

If my male is up to breeding weight I will take you up on it. If not this year, certainly next.

#67 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

sounds good to me!
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret

#68 caloosa bug

caloosa bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:54 AM

We caught this guy at work the other day.

Attached Files

#69 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,916 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:00 AM

Wow!  That's a pretty one.  Corn snake, I believe?

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#70 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

Yep, a gorgeous Cornsnake. Pantherophis guttatus

#71 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

Im pretty good with snakes but what is this?

Its got me stumped

3_F4088_C7_E713_42_B2_9_F4_E_F1_ED4362_F

#72 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,916 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:37 AM

Looks kind of like a Texas Glossy Snake.

medium.jpg?1374926448

Barbed hooks rule!

#73 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:07 AM

Looks like a juvenile racer. Not sure what species you have around you, though.

I used to have one and they're fun little snakes. They think they're 10' long and bullet-proof. :D
Tight lines,
David

#74 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

My friend found this in his basement in Colorado

#75 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,916 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

Looks like a juvenile racer. 

Yeah ... you might be right, dflanagan.  I had one in my hands today ... maybe 10 inches long.  Picked it up to save it while mowing my Mom-n-law's yard.  I'd forgotten about them until I found that one, today.  No camera with me. 

Picked up a 7 inch baby Ring Neck Snake there last week.

Barbed hooks rule!