Fly Tying
1hook

Caddis pupa color

Does the color of a caddis pupa translate into the color of the adult? So would an olive caddis pupa be an olive bodied adult? I've seen black caddis but never any pictures of black pupa

not really most caddis adults come from different colored pupae my friend had a fish tank with caddis in it we watched them go from pupae to adult and some of the pupae were orange others green and some were even grey yet all hatched a brown caddis as we expected

As riff says the pupa will match the bottom debris and not reflect the adult. If you tie an emerger you may want to include a hint of colour to suggest the hatching fly but not sure it matters to fish as sedges seem to hatch very fast. We have some small pale sedges which are common and the fish do seem to want a light coloured fly then but the pupa matters not.

You will find pupa-lime green , creamy white and pale yellow will cover most situations

Works for me as go to dropper patterns

You will find pupa-lime green , creamy white and pale yellow will cover most situations

Works for me as go to dropper patterns

If I can add a dark Olive I would agree with you whole heartedly. Probably just a regional color though.