Fly Tying
uffepuffe

Bumble bee

I've been in a "bumble bee frenzy" lately doing all kinds of different ones. Here's a more traditionall "Bombus Hortorum"

/Ulf

post-2830-1170675355_thumb.jpg

Hi Ulf

Its the fact that I notice the hook eye otherwise I wound believe it

Great tie :thumbsup: :thumbup:

johan

Thanks alot Johan! These are quite fun to do, at least the first five, LOL! I am doing a framed plate with six different ones for a customer, just wished now that I hadn't done 10 others before that because now I am very fed up with doing these, LOL!

Ulf

Hey Ulf, I thought the same as Johan, that you posted a pic of a real bumble bee, but the hook eye gives it away as a super realistic fly. And what a great fly it is, nice tying!!!

Cheers,

Graham

you tie this onto your tippet when you have to many fisherman around you, start swinging that thing around with your fly rod and you'll have all the guys around you running for cover. BEEEEEEE'S RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.

great tie

Bud

Hehe, I gotta try that sometime Bud!

Joe, pollen on the legs is a great idea! I gotta try that with the next one. Maybe just a small lump of yellow dubbing will do!

I have done a fishable version of this aswell, a little simpler (takes about 30 minutes) but I think still nice looking and it would probably cath a few fish aswell!

IPB Image

Ulf

Ulf...You already know what I think about your BB! They should be plentiful around my yard this year! i like Joe Hard's pollen suggestion. Maybe tie in some orangish/yellow chenille to imitate the pollen, or use a small piece of furry foam???

Thanks for posting.

Thom

Awesome looking Bee. I do not know if you are planning to fish with that but I don't think I would. Far too pretty! :P

Great job!

Good Day,

Damn it! You guys really piss me off! :P Now I am inspired to do a bee as well.... man I really hate you! hahahahaha....

Steelie