Fly Tying
vicrider

The SCUD/Sow Bug swap + pictures

There are multiple colors, hook styles, materials for tying scuds. Let's all do a dozen of our chosen design and swap them. I'll take the first twelve to sign up. Since kids are going back to school and vacations should be tapering down people should have time to do a dozen of these guys for us. Hook sizes should probably be no bigger than a 12 and not smaller than an 18 to fit the sizes of most river scuds. Going to the White River in October and haven't given them a try there yet though I'm told they can be a killer at times on the river, especially if you find some weeds.

Pretty much everyone should know the swap rules by now and if not feel free to question anything not explained in rules above. Giving us 5 full weekends to complete this brings us to a here by date of Sept. 12th. If you can get 'em all in early I'll get them back to you that much sooner and you can put them to use this fall.

Okay, we got our 12 and swap is full...

Nick Szabo

PO Box 361

Cheyenne, OK 73628

1. Vicente..................arrived

2. foambug................arrived

3. stabngid................arrived

4. fishin' Bob.............arrived

5. woodenlegs..........arrived

6. r2732....................arrived

7. netabrookie..........arrived

8. J-Kno....................arrived

9. Dubs.....................arrived

10. dflanagan...........arrived

11. Breambuster.......arrived

12. Bryon Anderson.arrived

Foambug, of course you're in. Already looking like I'll have some nice ones for the White in October.

Edited title to include Sow Bugs. Don't know how much difference there is but both are supposed to be White River standards.

O. K. I'll bite, but I've never tied (or fished) a scud. I will have to do some research and find a pattern.

Walt Ryan

You bet and welcome back Tony. Been awhile. Hope those dancing fingers still remember their way around a vise, or is it like a bicycle? Never forget.

Mike, Walt is an old cyber friend from another board. Quality flies, quality fisherman, quality person. Happy to see him take the trip over here.

Been a couple of years since my last swap here... I am due and this sounds like a good one. I'm in with a gut sack!