Fly Tying

So this trip was not my best on the San Juan. Only one decent fish in the net on the river, but I took a quick drive down to a small lake close by and got a really nice brown trout! Wonderful fish, and almost better than what I was going for in that lake, which was carp. The reason why the river wasnt doing all that great was because they recently changed the water flow, which sent the trout deep for cover. Just a week before, a buddy of mine caught 10+ fish over 17", but the water flow change definitely messed things up.

Pretty good for a bad day on the Juan, looks like a couple of nice spots with nobody around to catch fish. At least it isn't 5000 CFS and you can still do some wading.

Pretty good for a bad day on the Juan, looks like a couple of nice spots with nobody around to catch fish. At least it isn't 5000 CFS and you can still do some wading.

Yeah, I never said it was a bad day. Just not a great day. Still pretty good. And yeah, no one goes to those ponds at all. And people are lazy and never walk, they go to Texas hole and plop themselves there. Once t hole gets crowded Im off walking through the braids.

It's hard to blame them and it opens up the rest of the river. I am going to have to give some of the ponds a try, I've thought about it but have never seen anyone fishing them. Looks fun.