Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

For the King in the North...er, South

PVq1Cr.jpg
SnKHGm.jpg
r0fVbL.jpg
JlJDLn.jpg

Just a little something I did for someone we all know that just had a quad bypass surgery last week. Think this will help make him look forward to getting back on his feet asap wink.png

Really a great thing to do! Hope there is enough blue to make him happy. He does like blue so much, are we sure he didnt serve in the Air Force with me in the late 60s?

Tom

What a thoughtful thing to do. I'm sure the sunfish and bass are going to take a beating as soon as he is mobile.

I looked at the grip ... wub.png wub.png wub.png

Then I saw the wraps ... biggrin.png wub.png biggrin.png wub.png

Then I realized I am already two weeks into my recovery ... so no more than 4 weeks before I can use it !!!

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png wub.png wub.png wub.png

Then I realized at least 2 weeks BEFORE I can use it ... sad.png

I can hardly wait until it gets here !!!!!!!laugh.png

Samwell Tarly arrived yesterday (he goes by the name "Tim", here), on his horse (disguised as a delivery truck) and handed LongClaw to me. It's been raining a lot since then, so I haven't had a chance to take it out and see it and swing it in the sun.

What I have seen, is that it's prettier in person than the pictures. I am beside myself with anticipation of getting it out and playing with it !!!

I have one Okuma reel I got on sale when Gander Mountain went under. I put line on it tonight, so ... now I just have to wait for doctor's okay ...