Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

This is the Year

Thanks for the reminder! Carp and bass love these guys. You can make some nice patterns using packed deer hair or foam bodies. smile.gif

I used a pattern called a Green River Cicada (Foam, Crustal Flash and deer hair) and did great. Trout that are normally really wary will hammer a big cicada plopped on top of them.

Will and I have done some very nice balsa bugs for the cicada hatch.....gonna have to chuck 'em with an 8 wt, but the results should be explosive!

I'm pumped!!!!..........they should start appearing in 4-6 weeks. I've tried several patterns. I started out with some "madam x's" in black w/ orange bucktail/flashabou wings and orange/black elastic legs...... and recently made up some foam poppers........not nearly as nice as BDH's..........hopefully still work though.

Mike

Can yall give me some good patterns? I`m gettin excited. Apparently, we`re just a couple weeks from our hatch. I`m gettin excited. My dad says they`re everywhere, and they just cover you up. That`s why there are turkey masks, gloves, hats, and long pants and long sleeve shirts. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Thanks. But, I don`t have whatever kinda wing that is called. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck