Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Beaverkill/willowwemoc /West Branch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 David 82nd

David 82nd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

These are my home waters , I'm pretty fortunate, anybody here also fish these waters ?

#2 flyty1

flyty1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

Great fishing in the Catskills - massive hatches and wonderful fish.

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

i fished there once.

caught nothing.

stopped at the museum. it was okay

never went back

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#4 JSzymczyk

JSzymczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

Kind of like the Yellow Breeches here for me... all famous and historical and hallowed water etc etc.   Been there, done that, now I'll go somewhere else.

the gales of November remembered...

#5 ZingRT

ZingRT

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

I fished there back in mid 80's, loved the area. My wife and I stayed at the Roscoe motel or camped at the state park. I was in the army stationed on Long Island. The times I was able to get a few days off we would head up there. The museum was a great place to go and visit. I even got into a few tying lessons there and Joan Wulff was as friendly as could be, she even helped me with casting and located some fish for me and my wife while fishing out front. I would love to go back someday. I live in Tennessee, and drive 3 1/2 hours to the Caney fork River to fish the tailwater there. If your user name indicates your from the mighty Duce, I was down the road in 112th SO, across from 3rd group.

#6 David 82nd

David 82nd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

I fished there back in mid 80's, loved the area. My wife and I stayed at the Roscoe motel or camped at the state park. I was in the army stationed on Long Island. The times I was able to get a few days off we would head up there. The museum was a great place to go and visit. I even got into a few tying lessons there and Joan Wulff was as friendly as could be, she even helped me with casting and located some fish for me and my wife while fishing out front. I would love to go back someday. I live in Tennessee, and drive 3 1/2 hours to the Caney fork River to fish the tailwater there. If your user name indicates your from the mighty Duce, I was down the road in 112th SO, across from 3rd group.

Wow I guess we've ran past the same " iron mike " in early morning runs ... shared some " DZ,s " and been to those famous seedy bars lol. All the way !

#7 ZingRT

ZingRT

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

Airborne Brother