Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cascade

Fishing freshwater south Orlando FL

Hello,

I used to live in the area but never fished there before. Will be visiting family for Thanksgiving for a couple of weeks and hoping for a few fishing outings.

I am debating getting a visitors license and find some fishing spots quick drive away and/or was looking at the The Ritz-Carlton Orlando fishing excursions on their lakes within the resort since its neighborhood away. Its $70 per hour for a boat excursion with a guide. I was thinking 3 hours on a nice morning would be perfect, if I can get away from the family.

I would not mind finding some spots on my own but I am not going to be able to be on a boat and I don't want to deal with gators. I think I could probably get out there and try pushing to fish the neighborhood ponds but thats probably a big HOA no-no.

I am not sure if getting to the public access lakes in the area like Big Sand lake, Lake Sheen, Lake Tibet, Turkey Lake would be productive enough for fishing from the shore.

Any recommendations.

Too far out for plans, just yet, but I go fishing anywhere there's a boat ramp. 14 foot jon boat with a 15 Hp engine. We can cover a lot of water and probably catch a few fish.

Dont be afraid to fish the neighborhood ponds. Theres a good chance that nobody will say anything. If they do ask you to leave, explain youre visiting family in the neighborhood, and if they still want you gone, apologize and comply.

(Fish with Mike if you get the chance. You wont regret it! )

Thanks for the compliment, Fisherboy.

And I agree with your comment ... "Fish the ... ponds". Many a BIG fish have come from little ponds like those ... and 99% of the time, no one cares, especially if you're C&Ring them.

Along with getting lucky enough to fish with a local... most fishing guides here in Florida buy licenses that cover their customers. You can come from anywhere and simply step on my skiff without purchasing a license at all (but that only works when you're with the guide). Just step aboard and go as long as the guide has that "guide's license". I pay over $200 per year for mine - and rarely get asked to show it...

Thank you all for comments.

The ponds are possibility and I have seen people fishing in certain spots around the neighborhoods before.

Too far out for plans, just yet, but I go fishing anywhere there's a boat ramp. 14 foot jon boat with a 15 Hp engine. We can cover a lot of water and probably catch a few fish.

If its an offer then I might consider it as the date gets closer.

"Big Sand lake, Lake Sheen, Lake Tibet, Turkey Lake"?

??

Now..anyone has experience fishing the The Ritz-Carlton Orlando ?

DEFINITELY an offer. It's an open offer to anyone coming into the area. But I need at least a day to prepare for a weekend day ... and a week or more for a weekday day. I can't always get off work to fish during the week ... but weekends are ALWAYS open to a day on the water.

The week of Thanksgiving is always a week without classes ... but I might have a day or two that are for reorganizing the class rooms.

About a week or two prior to coming, be sure to contact me ... we'll get out and track down some fish.

I am a little familiar with the area ... but it's been more than a decade since I fished any of those ponds. I do remember catching a lot of 4 and 5 pound bass.

Sorry mikechell (&Cascade &others) the names seemed so odd I thought maybe it was part of the other string of stuff we were seeing. Not enough sleep last night.

As a person who speaks English and Spanish, I can't think of a more odd name than Lake Titicaca.

You guys figure it out :)