Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Trout Series Round 3

WE ARE FULL! DUE DATE IS MAY 15!!!

After 2 rounds of the Skill Builder Trout Series, I think all the participants can safely say that we have all learned a lot from this experience. Henrik Thomsen's expertise and help in this process has been invaluable and many, many words of thanks and appreciation go out to him.

Round 3 will be Classic Wet Flies. The flies may come from the trout portion of the website at this link. http://traditionalfl...php?wetpost1930 but they don't HAVE to. Any classic wet fly, as long as it has wings, is acceptable. It could be a Bergman pattern, etc, but it has to have all the elements of a classic wet fly and it has to have wings. Each swapper will send in 12 flies and our pool of swappers will be 13 participants so you won't be getting back your own fly. Each swapper will include with his flies a mailing envelope that is self-addressed, so it can be returned to you and regular postage STAMPS and not a metered mailing label. Instead of stamps the swapper can include enough cash to pay for return postage. Most packages cost $2.54 at the current postal rates. The flies should be sent in a crush proof box. Altoids boxes work great. Bulkier fly boxes might cost you a bit more in postage. The guys who finished Round 2 and who wish to remain for Round 3 will be added first. There will be several slots open for newcomers on this round. All skill levels are welcome. We can all improve our skills, no matter how long we've been tying. The only person who can't improve is the person who says, "My flies are good enough now."

We have 5 slots open as we begin this round. I hope people are watching, because I expect them to go pretty fast. So who wants in:

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister - Completed

2. Chris_NH

3. Vicrider - Received

4. fishingbobnelson - Received

5. EastTNoutdoorsman

6. Wetsock - Received

7. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Received

8. PJ2

9. Jacktjl - Received

10. Idaho RC - Received

11. Stilis - Received

12. Add147 - Withdrew

13. RexW

WE ARE FULL! DUE DATE IS MAY 15!!!

Got you down, PJ2. I erased the question mark. Jacktjl, you and Idaho RC are both in. We have three spots left. Anyone at any skill level is welcome to join. We are all trying to learn to improve our skills. Whose next?

RexW, you are in and that completes our roster for Round 3. Thanks for joining. The due date for flies will be May 15.

Take care

BB

I have been really wanting to join a swap for quite awhile and I saw trout and wet and thought perfect! I jumped at the chance. Now that I have had a chance to actually read what this swap is I got pretty anxious. I am really horrible at tying wings. In fact I think the only ones I have successfully tied are on muddlers. Even then the only reason they are acceptable is because the trout don't really mind and the wing is somewhat covered by the deer hair. Having said all that if you guys don't mind someone in the swap that honestly doesn't have a clue how to tie these, then I am willing to give it a go.

I looked over the flies on the page post 1930 american flies and found one I have most for the Beauty Wet Fly. Can someone volunteer to help answer some of my questions about tying this fly? You probably don't want the questions on this thread so maybe PM or email? Or if you don't want someone in the swap that doesn't really have a clue, then I absolutely understand.

Thanks for including me in the swap Breambuster. I am working on a Turkey and Partridge Variant and am making good progress.

Tim